Tonight as we were getting ready for bed, Kathryn prayed the following prayer:
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for our family. Thank you for the wonderful time at school. Thank you that I get to go to school. I don't like the boring homework though. I pray that Mrs. Yates wouldn't give us any homework anymore. Thank you God. In Jesus' name, Amen.
So much for being excited about homework at the beginning of school. I 've actually come to enjoy working on it with her!
Fast forward about ten minutes. Both kids are in bed. Kathryn is asleep and Kaelyn has been yelling for me. She has become notorious for getting out of bed. It was finally quiet, and Tim then says, "Can you turn the lights off?" Kaelyn pipes up with: "What daddy?" He repeated the question, and Kaelyn said, "I can't. Mommy says I can't get out of bed!" Good Job Roo! I hope she continues to heed her own advice and stay in bed!
2 comments:
Dear Kathryn,
I don't like homework either. I wish Ms. Boyland didn't give us homework. I wish I didn't have to go to school. (Mom wishes she wouldn't have read Kathryn's prayer to Rachel because Rachel has never said anything like this before!) And Kathryn...what are you doing? Are you having fun?(giggle, giggle...)Do you like seeing me? Do you walk to kindergarten? How is Kaelyn? That's the end.
Love,
Rachel
She is so articulate for a five year old! So fun to know our kids are growing up talking to God, even if it is about homework. :)
Post a Comment