Sunday, December 2, 2007

The First Snow

We had our first snow of the year, and our first in the new house. It's beautiful!

Unfortunately, as I was driving the kids back from a birthday party last night, (And for most of you who know me, you know that I don't choose to drive in the snow!) the kids and I got crunched by a yellow cabbie coming down the hill WAAAYYY too fast. We are fine, although the car is not. After careening into us, he continued to swerve and spiral out of control until he finally stopped after crashing through a neghbor's fence.

In this process, some VERY nice neighbors close to the accident site invited us in, and entertained the girls until we could figure out what to do. They even went across the street and down the hill to get all of the information for me so that I didn't have to leave my kids. They were so caring. They also offered to drive us home.

In the time from when the accident happened until Tim could get to us, about 2 or 3 inches of snow fell...which may not seem like a lot, but getting up the hills to our house it seems like a ton. It was amazing how fast the snow hit. We had some before we left for the party, but then it stopped snowing, and we had nothing on the roads. Well, we left the birthday party, and although it was snowing, the roads were still clear...until I got about 3/4 of the way up the hill and apparently it was sticking.

Lesson learned: It's still not a great idea for me to drive in the snow!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh, I am soooo sorry. I'm feeling a little guilty because it was my daughter's party. We had a horrible drive home and I was hoping and praying that everybody made it home safely. I am so sorry about your car, but I'm glad that you are all okay.