Last weekend Kathryn and I were eating breakfast together. She said, I don't think I ever want to kiss anyone...that's gross!
Then she said, Mommy, what was it like the first time you kissed daddy?
I thought, Hmmm, I didn't expect to have this conversation for few more years.
I told her that grown ups sometimes like to kiss and in twenty years she might even like to kiss someone too. She said NO Way.
She said, "I don't think I want to get married." I said, "why not?" She said,
Because, you know how they say, "You may now kiss the bride." GROSS
She got a thoughtful look in eyes, and then she said,
"I wish I could just marry daddy. He's not gross to kiss! I love daddy."
Tonight she said, I just want to stay with you. I want to live with you forever.
I sure hope she always wants to be with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment