I had the chance to go to a workshop today about the new state test. I was expecting a rather boring workshop with few act on ideas. Instead, I was encouraged, challenged, and reminded of the huge responsibility and gift that I have been given to be called "teacher".
This year has been such a huge learning curve for me. I have sometimes gotten lost in all the planning and new routines.
Today I was reminded that I need to love my students, cheer for my students, and encourage them to set high excpecatations for themselves.
I also learned some practical test taking tips that will help my students (and me!) for that matter, when faced with tests.
Did you know that research shows that peppermint helps kids perform better on tests? Who knew!
I feel excited to get back to class tomorrow...even if I do have to face the dentist again at the end of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment