Kaelyn was proud of her drawing of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I think she did a pretty good job! :)
When I think of the dream of Martin Luther King, I am filled with gratitude and awe. I am thankful that he was willing to believe in the good in people, and expect it from others. I am thankful that he was willing to give others vision when they had none. I am thankful that he gave many a voice that were silenced.
His dream is more than just about equal rights. His dream is about the belief that we are ALL created in the image of God. That all of us our knit together and fearfully and wonderfully made. God created us in His image. And thankfully, Martin was willing to embrace that truth and try to bring our nation back to ONE nation UNDER God.
I am thankful for the chance to teach my students AND my children about Martin Luther King Jr. I am hopeful that they too will find the power in vision, the power in dreams, and the power in embracing God's purpose for their lives.
I am thankful. I have a dream...

No comments:
Post a Comment