After the whirlwind week, I spent today in winddown mode pondering Vacation Bible School...I know some of you are thinking I have way too much time on my hands, but I guess when you're involved with something from the "grass roots" level, to see it playout is pretty exciting. Here are a few of my favorite memories:
1. Watching Kathryn and Kaelyn singing the great songs we had been playing on c.d. for a month. I LOVE the motions, and hearing our girls full of joy and loving the Lord is a blessing.
2. On Thursday night, the kids were each given a burned out Christmas tree light bulb. Pastor Kari asked them to think of something they were sorry for, some kind of sin. Then, after they confessed, the burned out lights were brought to the altar, where they were replaced with a working bulb. When all of the bulbs were exchanged, we saw a brightly lit cross! I loved the image of the burned out sin being traded for forgiveness at the foot of the cross. It was a powerful moment for me, and the song they played during the time is now one of Kathryn's favorites...pretty amazing messages for little kids to learn!
3. I think it's amazing that even our youngest kids, at three, could tell the Bible point each day, and many learned the words to the treasure verses as well! God is real. God is with us. God is awesome. God is in charge. Great life lessons for all of us!
4. One day after V.B.S., I was watching my kids in the cul de sac. I suddenly heard the V.B.S. music playing. Our neighbor kids had the music playing on their deck while they were making up motions to Awesome God. They finished off with a mini cul de sac worship time...it was so great! It was great to see the gift of music being shared in our neighborhood! I love the idea that all of the kids who came to V.B.S. took the music home to learn, to sing, and to share!
5. We had many children give their heart to Jesus...A true gift!
1 comment:
So awesome! Your ministry to kids both at church and at school is an amazing gift. I wish my kids were there to benefit from it!
Post a Comment