Sunday, August 26, 2007

Pickles!


I turned over a new leaf in life last night...pickling! My good friend Jill invited me over to help her can some pickles. I appreciate her a lot because I tell her that she gets me in tune with my "domestic side". She has told me for years that she loves to can and has always wanted to pickle. So....last night we made pickles!!! We did dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, relish...oh, lots of relish....Aunt Shirley you can make some good deviled eggs now! We also made some Kosher dills. I sat in amazement as Jill kept track of all of these undertakings. The great news is: We got all of these jars canned, and only one didn't seal! Not too bad for amateurs. It was a lot of fun. Up next: PEACHES! I have great memories of my mom's canned peaches growing up. My dad always chose the pears, but my vote was always for PEACHES!

No comments: