Monday, August 6, 2007

STITCHES


Well, today was an interesting day. Kaelyn crashed into Papa's cabinets, and split open her lip. I took her to the Walk in Clinic. They said it would be a 3 hour wait...not fun with a tired two year old. But instead, they took her right back...thank goodness! She was the most stellar patient ever! They said they had never seen a two year old, or any aged person, be so calm, so obedient, and so sweet! The nurse was amazed...and actually so was I! She has always been very calm and curious at the doctor, but I didn't expect that when they were prodding around her split lip. She did wonderfully. After four stitches she was ready to go. I was very proud of her. I was definitely more bothered by the whole process than Roo was. She just did what they said and moved on... ready for ice cream!


When we got home, she was happy. She and Kathryn were going to wash my van while I cooked dinner. I got them the hose, and went in to turn on the noodles. I came back out to see what they were doing, and there was Kaelyn...bathing in the bucket!!! You can see her lovely orange band aid. We're supposed to keep it on for 5 days. This is the kid who usually keeps her bandaids on for 5 minutes...if I'm lucky!


No comments: