Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It is Well...With My Soul

There has been a lot of heart ache around me lately. Sorrow, frustration, fear, sadness. And yet, there is joy! Easter is about finding hope in the darkness, and light in despair. I am thrilled with our new pastor. He is spirit-filled, enthusiastic, compassionate, a leader, and excited!

I was so moved yesterday as I was part of a bone marrow drive in honor of my friend Matt. Over 120 people came to register for the national bone marrow registry. Many of the people there had only heard about Matt and his family through emails, flyers at coffee stands, and bulletins at churches. Many came after reading a newspaper article about him...that's compassion. That's being willing to change a life. I looked at the people who worked alonside me, excited to be part of somthing so much bigger than us. I watched with joy and with awe as my friend widowed only one week came to register in hopes of finding a match for someone even after losing her own husband.

Love is action. Love is powerful. It is well with my soul.

No comments: