I love Mother's Day. I like a day when I feel like the gift of being a mom is truly recognized. I love being a mom. In fact, I feel like it's my ultimate calling. I love my girls so much! I feel so blessed that they call me mommy!
This morning started out with breakfast at home. My mom was up for the night and we had a great breakfast together and then headed to church.
After church we came home and changed, and then headed to Subway for my nephew's birthday party. (He had planned a Subway birthday for months!). Then we headed back north.
On the way back we stopped and visited Tim's mom grave. It was very emotional for me. I hadn't seen the finished site, and it was beautiful. We left a flower for her, and walked around for a while. I was surprised at my kid's reaction. I think they were really overcome with the fact that all of the stones represented someone's life. We miss you Mom, Grandma Holland.

I feel like being a mom is such an opportunity to leave a legacy. What will mine be?
Happy Mother's Day mom! I love you!
2 comments:
Wow! Thanks for making me cry! Happy Mother's Day, friend! Love you!
I love Mother's Day too...it makes me think of my Grandma and her legacy...I miss Aunt Pam too. She was such a treasure. Happy Late Mother's Day, Lisa!
Post a Comment