Tuesday, December 16, 2008

At the Tree Farm

Well, this year is a memory! Life is all about memories I suppose, but this year was pretty memorable!
So...we headed out first to the farm we went to last year. It's a typical tree farm and nursery. When we got there, we walked through the lot (in the pouring rain!) to find three trees that we really liked. Unfortunately, none of them were tagged, so on we trodded!

We found one that was o.k., but with a price tag of $55.00, we thought...hmmm, is it worth it? Nah! We really don't love it!

So...we left there and went to another farm. CLOSED! Bummer!

Then we went to farm number three...We could tell by looking there weren't any tall enough ones.

Then we found the perfect farm...$15.00 trees! Perfect! Even if the trees weren't perfect, the price was.

So...we piled out of the truck and headed into the overgrown forest, I mean old tree farm. The trees were all about 15 feet tall, and it truly was a forest. It was exciting...we were looking at the tops of trees, trying to predict which top would work as our entire tree.

Tim knew he had found the perfect one. He chopped it down while the girls distracted themselves with a dead rat...GROSS!!

Then, we drug it out...our proud $15 tree!







Now fast forward to home.
Tim knew he would need a little pruning, to make the tree house worthy. He set to work, and when I returned out to look at it, here is what I saw....




So...In the end, for the first time ever, we got a Christmas tree from Home Depot! Oh well...it was a memory right?

3 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Lisa, that is hysterical! How did the trimming get that out of control??? I love this story! :-)

Stacey said...

Oh, that is so funny!!!! A Charlie Brown Christmas tree for sure....