Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Can you believe it's been 20 years????

I had the blessing of spending last weekend with my "girls" (although we missed Jennifer!).  We headed to Bellingham to spend time rejuvinating at a beautiful house on Lake Whatcom.  Some wonderful people allowed us to spend the weekend at their home.  We were blessed.

During the weekend we kept thinking...Can you believe it's been 20 years?

20 years since I met some of the closest friends in my life!
20 years since I embarked into the crash course into adulthood, also known as college!
20 years since I learned what it meant to be independent.
20 years since I learned how to live for Jesus.
20 years since we embarked on a little town called Bellingham!

Cristi and I walked around campus--I LOVE that place!  I said, "Do you think we stand out?"  I kept wondering if the newbies around could tell that it had been 20 years since we were there are freshmen embarking on a journey to a job, to adulthood!  It was so fun!

We visited our old Nash Hall, reminisced as we stopped by La Casa Fea--our great little house on N Forest, went to the Bagelry for lunch and spent time at Boulevard Park and other spots on the beach.

We were blessed with lovely warm weather, Twilight movies til 2:30am, and a day in jammies til 1:00 working on our digital scrapbooks.

Hang helped us by playing "tour guide" a little since she still lives in Bellingham, but it was so great to spend time amidst friends who know me best, and still love me!

We had good food, good times, and a blessed weekend!

It was a gift!  Not only a gift of a day, but a gift of a weekend! 

20 years of blessings--and more to come!

I can't wait until next year!

No comments: