Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer ramblings

I sat here tongiht working on a five page paper for a class I'm taking. It's seems like so long ago that I used to whip out papers and process how I could improve my teaching.  I took some time tonight and processed what I was doing, then, I thought, "Why do I spend so much time trying to be a better teacher?"  Sometimes it becomes almost an obsession. 

I looked at my kids tongiht--before I sent them to watch t.v. with their dad so I could watch The Bachelorett---and I thought, Why don't I have the same desire to read up on parenting, spend time processing how I can tweak one thing to make it better, or do somethng to change a problem area.


I want to be the best I can be in all that I do, but maybe today I'm realizing it's too much.  So...where do my priorities lie?  Where do I spend my time and my minutes? 

I love my kids so much, but can I do better?  Probably...

Well...there's a rambling huh?

No comments: