Friday, August 31, 2007

A job change

I just found out at 5:00 last night that I am not teaching a first/second grade split this year. Sadly, I had to call my students from last year and tell them they wouldn't be in my class this year. It was very tramatic for me. I am now teaching a straight firsst grade.
My principal has been very supportive, and in many ways it was like coming back home today, since first grade is my "home". I did end up having to work today, which I typically don't, but I got myself ready for first grade.
I was kind of looking forward to a new challenge, but first and second grades are enough dfiferent that I thought it would be very difficult. First grade will be fun!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh, I didn't know that. It's a good thing you are flexible. Good luck!