Kathryn had her first day of kindergarten today! It started with a parent orientation on Tuesday, and then she went with Tim to her visitation yesterday. At orientaiton, she had to find things around her classroom, and find her way to various places at school.
She woke up VERY excited today which I was thankful about becuase she is often very apprehensive during new experiences. I am so thankful that her teacher is my very good friend and past teaching partner Mrs. Yates! It is making this transition so great for all of us!
Today was great. I was so proud to be taking her to school with me in the morning. She played with her friend Aleah, and then went willingly to her classroom when "her kids" were there. She was very excited that her friend Kelli was there, and settled in well without clinging to me, although she did look cautiously around to see what was going on.
I was a little sad when I realized I couldn't pick her up after school, and had to wait until I got out of school today at 4:00 to see how her day was. She was happy, and eager to tell me the details. I called her at day care on my lunch break, and I was glad to be able to talk to her! It made me feel connected, but I found myself a little jealous of the moms that got to pick their kids up at 11:00.
I was really happy to have her in my building. I love knowing that she is right down the hall, and in the wonderful classroom of my good friend and a super teacher! I am excited to get to "peek" at her as the year goes on!
The red plaid school girl dress was from today, and the pink shirt is from orientation. I think she looked so grown up! It's amazing that she is starting school. It's exciting, overwhelming, and a little nostaligic. I'm excited to watch her grow!
1 comment:
Can you even believe our girls are starting kindergarten? Where did the time go? It's a little different for me being my second time around. I am a little sad for different reasons. It's fun though, too.
Post a Comment